Valchromat® is an innovative product that combines the natural features of wood with the brightness of color and, because of its unique flexibility, combines the beauty of textures and the best of engineering.
Valchromat is not MDF. It is an evolution of the MDF.
The added value of Valchromat comes not only from color but also from its distinctive composition and manufacturing process. It is a wood fiber panel colored throughout, where fibers are colored individually, impregnated with organic dyes and bonded together by a special resin which gives Valchromat unique physic and mechanical features.
Valchromat accepts different types of finishes: varnish (matte, glossy, aqueous polyurethane, UV resistant, fire resistant, etc.), waxes and oils.
- Color Throughout: color remains, even after cut or machined. Does not require the use of paint. Do not require gluing an edge.
- Weight-Resistant: high bending resistance
- Easy to Machine: It is on average 30% stronger than standard MDF. Due to the addition of resins in the composition, it has a greater internal cohesion, which gives it a higher mechanical strength.
- Non-toxic: Formaldehyde emissions are within limits set by European standards for wood-based materials.
- Greater load resistance: It has a high bending resistance. Once again, its higher resistance capacity is related to its composition and manufacturing process.
- Tool Friendly: The panels, after machined, require little or no sanding, reducing labor costs and facilitating the finishing process.
- Moisture Resistant: Suitable for indoor applications but can be used in protected outdoor applications, in which case it is necessary to varnish the boards on all surfaces and edges.
- Fire Retardant: Valchromat® Fire Retardant is also available. According to ignitability test and EN 13501, it is classified as B-s2, d0.
Dimensions and Thicknesses
Dimensions (mm): 2440 x 1220 | 2440 x 1830 | 3660 x 1220 | 3660 x 2440 or others under consulting
Thicknesses (mm): 8 | 12 | 16 | 19 | 30